Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Dear 2013: That Was A Blast


When I look back over 2013, I see a pretty fantastic year I never expected. Had anyone asked me on New Year's Eve last year if I thought I'd be living in England w/ my husband before the end of year or umm.. ever, I'd have given a great big 'Pffft' to that. A husband? England? And also, designing for 14/48?! Seriously, that's a biggie. Blogging for Kamikaze sure, but an actual virgin artist?! HUGE thanks to the 14/48 peeps for giving me that chance. What a rush!

To everyone who helped us this year, reminded us to breathe and slow down for a second, who helped w/ one or both weddings, kept us excited during the set backs and stress due to all our planning for our short timeframe, jumped in w/ ideas and suggestions when things went awry that literally saved me in moments I thought I'd lose it.. thank you. You don't know how much that meant to us.

To everyone who's supported us since we've been abroad, kept in touch over Facebook/Skype/email, who's written us happy snail mail notes & holiday cards filled w/ glitter - either figuratively or literally - and to those who've become new friends and haven't run away due to all our questions or surprises and need for socialization because we got sick of hanging out w/ just each other - thank you, thank you, no really.. thank you.

To our families for their love and support during the craziness and now.. we miss you and love you so.

I'm sure the coming year will bring us both a lot of memories to cherish, moments to keep us growing as partners and individuals and we are the people we are due to all of your influence. Every one of you in our lives have had an impact and I feel overwhelmed w/ gratitude that we've surrounded ourselves w/ incredibly creative, kind and loving people (who inherently just make us look better).

We both wish all of you a brilliant New Year.

Sending love and thanks from Oxford.

~ The Iris & Puffin
(aka The PJs)

No comments :

Post a Comment