Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

We Meet Again..


Testing.. ? Yes.. good. We're all here. You, me.. and my standard two-dot ellipsis. Check, check and check. We'll get to all that, but first if you'll go to the ‛About' page at the top left and read about the blog, its title and a bunch of other stuff, you'll see we've already started. I'll give you a few minutes to catch up.. doo doo doo.. la dee da dumhm.. Back? You're quick.

Now to explain myself. I'm not a fan of the three-dot ellipsis. I often have trailing thoughts and therefore, they're required, however, I prefer two dots rather than three. No, it's not supposed to be a personal choice, grammar, but I made it one in this case anyway. I just think it's more aesthetically pleasing. For the record, I know a proper ellipsis is made up of three dots and there's no space afterwards, but it's just that three imply a much longer lull at the end of the thought than I intend. I don't want you hanging there forever. Just.. briefly. And then move on. See? I don't need a pause you can drive a truck through. I'm sure you have things to do. So do I. Thus, from here on out, though grammatically incorrect, I'm making a stylistic choice to be wrong. It feels good to be a rebel sometimes.

Some of you may have started reading my lengthy Facebook posts about my recent relocation to the UK from the states with my handsome and smartypants husband who is the reason we are here at all. I've blogged on my own personal site for years and did some blogging for my favorite bi-annual theater fest, 14/48 The World's Quickest Theater Festival. And I haven't really had time to properly keep up a blog with getting married and moving overseas and all the chaos those things created - but now? Now I have time. It's taken us a little while, but the flat is finally furnished, deliveries won't be arriving all day long anymore, I can work out at the gym nearby or take long walks around Christ Church meadow, which is stunning by the way, or I can blog and talk to you. Now I have time for all that. I mean, yeah.. of course I need to look for a job too.. but we'll get to that after the holidays most likely.

I wrote my last lengthy post on Facebook today, which included pictures we took around London this last weekend so although this post is barely an introduction, I must end here. Mike's home and I must pull myself away from this laptop. Also, I should probably brush my teeth. Ew.

Ciao kittens..

3 comments :

  1. Girl! The blog site is GORGEOUS! I love the image at top and the background reminds me of The Kings Speech so-called Dr's office. Bea.U.ti.Ful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee! Thanks! The background is just one of their premade ones but it was a teensy bit hard to find. And the html took all flippin day to tweak today. They have a lot more abbreviations in their code than they used to and I'm not a programmer. Sheesh. But I just dug the feel of it. It's different than my last pink and bling one. ;) Was time for a change. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO glad to have you back to the blogger world, my love.
    xxoox ~Pixie

    ReplyDelete